The shiftStepper library, along with quite a bit more documentation than before, is now up on GitHub.
The documentation is in HTML format and was generated with Doxygen; I haven't gotten TeX set up properly on my main computer so there's no unified PDF document yet.
I added a number of features, but have had limited opportunity to test them, so they should be considered to be experimental. Here is the list of changes for this release:
- Added a README
- Fixed a bug with the shiftStepMotor device that prevented a command for a fixed number of steps from executing correctly.
- Added shiftSix board class to support the six channel high side driver board.
- Added shiftSwitchBlock device class, to support use of the channels of driver boards as binary switches as well as part of stepper motor drivers.
- Added alternate direct writing board abstract base class, shiftBoardDirect. This writes specified bytes directly to the shift registers and therefore will be faster in many applications.
- Added subclasses to shiftBoardDirect for six channel and sixteen channel boards.