Tutorials & Instruction
Get the skills you need.
- Sparkfun Tutorials -- Sparkfun's extensive library of tutorials.
- Lessons in Electric Circuits -- A series of open textbooks on circuit design
- EEVBlog -- A series of videos about electronics by David L Jones, a hyper-enthusiastic Australian engineer. If you watch all the videos (some 550), you'll probably know more about circuit design than your average BSEE holder.
Get the parts you need.
- Digikey -- Huge variety of electronic parts
- Mouser -- Much like Digikey, with slightly better parametric search and more connectors.
- McMaster-Carr -- Enormous variety of industrial tools, materials, and parts. Friendly, helpful staff, and ridiculously huge selection. Their website is still the best e-commerce website I've ever used.
- Zephtronics -- Supplier of solder paste adapted for bench rather than production work and a variety of soldering equipment. Makes soldering even the smallest SMD parts easy.
- Small Parts -- All sorts of useful mechanical parts and supplies.
- Sparkfun -- All sorts of electronics kits, tools, parts, and gizmos. They 're also one of our distributors.
Ideas & Inspiration
Sites with ideas and stories to inspire you and keep you moving.
- Makezine Blog -- A dozen awesome things every day
- Hack a Day -- and a dozen more
- Cool Tools -- This will mostly inspire you to spend money on extremely useful things.